Personally, I’ve never gotten crazy or had a hard time about picking out something like a beach towel. They only ever had two purposes: to pat down after being in the water and then to lay on the ground as a barrier between the beach sand and my gloriously tanned and muscular body. (Joke)
Then I met Lizzy…and she taught me that a $5 beach towel from the local swap meet or flea market just didn’t hold up well.
I found out that even sheets have quality factors (thread-count) and things like beach towels can be good and bad. I was shocked. Since learning of this, though, I’ve learned a lot about how to pick out a good enough beach towel.
Let’s get into it…
Our Choices for Best Beach Towels of 2018
Good towels are good towels. And this Laguna Beach Cabana Beach towel is a dandy. There are some products that just OWN their respective markets because of superior make. This is one of those.
- 100% Cotton
- If you don’t love it, return it. They’ll handle your issues.
- 630 grams per square meter (GSM) of cotton. That makes this towel better for the beach because it’s thicker, softer, and absorb more moisture.
- It’s a big ole’ towel at 70″ by 35″ so it takes care of the biggest bodies with ease.
- Lay it at the beach, by the pool, on the lake…anywhere. This is the perfect beach towel that combines outdoor luxury nad practical use.
- Machine washable. (Clean delicately so you don’t lose color and softness).
[maxbutton id=”6″ url=”https://amzn.to/2yxLpDV”]
Yuuup, Tommy Bahama. It’s a brand that is quintessential with the thoughts of beaches, tropical scenes, resorts, and pools. This is a huuuge beach towel that is the kind of thing that I (Ken) likes to wrap up in after I’m a little chilly from snorkeling. It’s also a big enough barrier between me and the hot, Hawaiian sand.
- 40″ x 70″ makes it big and awesome.
- The lobster graphic is cool and says “Tommy Bahama” like any other image the brand uses.
- It’s a 100 percent cotton towel that can be washed and dried in the machine. Keep it delicate when possible to maintain vibrancy.
- Don’t worry about a rigorous wash if needed, though, because the fibers are tough and stand up to washes and dries.
[maxbutton id=”6″ url=”https://amzn.to/2SkI5oi”]
Best Amazon Basics and Value
I’m not here to BS you. This is a basic set of beach towels. It’s not fancy nor is it the “best”… But it is the best for the quality and the money. Two decent beach towels for under $20 is pretty awesome, right? Grab these towels if you’re going to go on a family vacation and the resort doesn’t provide towels. You could definitely use these in a beach rental.
- They’re imported but 100% Cotton
- A pair of great towels that have great absorbency, fluffy, and size.
- Simple, Cabana stripe in multiple colors: sky blue, navy blue, seafoam green, and yellow.
- Machine wash and tumble dry on low; for best results, wash separately the first time to reduce lint.
[maxbutton id=”6″ url=”https://amzn.to/2yyziH1″]
Best Round Beach Towel with Graphics and Pattern
Big, round and very cool with a multicolored turtle. How could you want anything more? The vibrant colors, the graphics, and the tassels make this towel stylish and trendy while the make of the towel is practical and great for beach, lake or poolside.
- Microfiber and Round, XL oversized towel, 60″ by 60″+2.4″ fringes tassel,
- Large enough for two people while sitting on it or one laying down (you can actually get two on laying on this towel if their romantic and cuddly.
- Simple to fold, travel and carry around as it’s light and occupies very little space when you pack it.
- This is a quick drying towel and easy to use over and over again. The vibrant colors.
- Microfiber is built so that the sand can’t come through the towel.
[maxbutton id=”6″ url=”https://amzn.to/2SgEesl”]
Best Microfiber & Travel
This is the greatest fold and travel towel on the list. It’s probably the best for day snorkeling trips as it comes with its own travel bag.
- Three colors and two size options available. Great for the beach, a picnic, a hike, and (like we said above) a great towel for a snorkel trip.
- Microfiber so it keeps sand out, folds easy and dries quick.
- 80% polyester and 20% polyamide so it doesn’t let sand in or stick. Just shake the towel a couple of times and you’ll be sand free.
- DOUBLE SIDED STRIPES – Look good no matter where or how you lay your towel with these double-sided stripes – the whole family will love this look.
- MESH POUCH INCLUDED – It can be used for valuables, keys and glasses, and so much more.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – At SBZ Outdoors, we take great pride in offering only the highest quality, premium products for our new and loyal customers
[maxbutton id=”6″ url=”https://amzn.to/2Sktc5l”]