Last Updated on January 30, 2023 by Snorkel Ken
The Sea Doo Seascooter Aqua Ranger is exactly the type of snorkeling scooter that I’m talking about when it comes to a perfect snorkeling companion. The unit is light weight, provides adequate power and battery life, and it won’t break the bank. You can our full review below.
Unlike the SeaDoo Dolphin scooter, I would recommend the Aqua Ranger for full size adults to go snorkeling with. Remember, when it comes to snorkeling, all that we’re really looking for is enough of an underwater scooter to get us places with less effort and save some of that vital energy for actually snorkeling amongst the fish, dolphins, coral, turtles and anything else you’re in the water with.
Reading other reviews, we found that most people feel the same that we do. The Aqua Ranger snorkel scooter is not going to break any records. But you don’t need it to.
Why The SeaDoo Aqua Ranger Underwater Scooter is the Perfect Snorkeling Companion!
- It has plenty of power to run off and on for about 1.5 hours. That means it will get you to where you need to be and then you can float it or shut it off to do your snorkeling.
- Light weight at 11.5 pounds and with dimensions of 10.3 x 10.3 x 19.4 inches…it’s a pretty easy task to pack and carry to your beach location. Heck, you can even manageably check it in as luggage in the right kind of bag and padding.
- Add an additional battery to your arsenal and the Aqua Ranger can give you 3 hours of transport and diving of up to 30 feet. Plenty of what we need for our snorkeling adventures.
- Runs you up 2 miles per hour. Don’t forget to get some momentum going with your snorkel fins to reach max speed as soon as possible.
- Protective grill on the fan for safe operation.
- Auto shut off function so that your snorkel scooter doesn’t have fun without and leave you in its wake.
- Positive buoyancy control for a floating chassis that doesn’t sink to the bottom.
- Many larger men (up to 225 lbs) have used the Aqua Ranger with adequate and surprisingly effective results.
Again, this is a snorkel scooter that would be perfect for you (or a few of them for your family) on your snorkeling adventures. It won’t break records and this is not an adequate dive DPV, but for snorkeling, this underwater scooter is the way to go.