The last thing you want to do when you get to the beach is to set-up and wrestle with a difficult beach tent. However, the alternative is to slather on gobs of sunscreen (which you should be doing, anyways) or draping towels and t-shirts around your head and look like a desert bedouin. That’s where this list of 5 Great Beach Tents originates from. The criteria for this beach gear was easy: Simple and quick to set-up, ample room for lounging, and not too heavy on the wallet. The best thing about these tents is that you’ll be able to use them for a lot of different reasons and events.
- Waiting on a parade
- ..and more!
Here are some of our favorites Benefits of a Beach Tent
Benefits of Beach Tents
Beach tents provide a great addition to just having sunglasses. Advantages of owning a beach tent include: Better protection from the elements than an umbrella or any clothing. Plus, the UV rays are thwarted for your skin’s protection, especially if you have a young one or baby at the beach. Protect belongings and trash from blowing away, over heating, getting wet, or fading in the sunlight. Keep your business to yourself. A beach tent prevents potential thieves from seeing what you have going on in your beacch set-up. Always be safe rather than sorry. Privacy is still a big deal, even on the beach. Sure, there are things that YOU DON’T DO at the beach but simply relaxing is a great benefit. Plus, if you have daughters…I know I like them to stay under cover and not have “all eyes on them”.
Our Top Beach Tent Choices for you Beachy Bunch
- Industry leading, EasyUp Design makes this the #1 spot on our list.
- UPF 50+ protection from harmful sun rays.
- 1 year limited warrant and carrying case with pockets and stakes.
- Spacious and comfortable at almost 4 ft. x 4 ft. x 7 ft.
- Various colors: Green, Blue/Lime, Orange, and Pink
- Large area at 57″ (4.75 feet) Center Height and a Base of 7.5 feet
- Zippered doors, airways and hanging pockets inside the beach tent.
- UPF 50+
- Includes carry bag, stakes, and floor mat.
- Can and will fit a family of 3 to 4 with gear.
- Open style design but still plenty of protection from the elements.
- Side wall for extra protection from sun wind.
- UPF 50+
- Best of both worlds as this is a tent/umbrella design to protect from sun, wind, and rain.
- Available in red or blue.
- Awesome protectoin at SPF 125 due to metallic make of the undercoating. MAX SUN PROTECTION.
- Carry bag, shoulder strap and stakes included.
- Super easy up and down.
- UPF 50+ for good protection.
- Lightweight shell and frame that comes with metal stakes to anchor you tent to the ground.
- Comes with carrying case and is a pop-up and use design.
- Plenty of ventilation because of mesh windows in the rear so the air and breeze easily moves through.
What to Look for when Buying a Beach Tent
Size and Dimension
How many people are usually in your beach posse? How many kids? How much gear and food to protect? You can get beach tents that are large enough to fit a picnic table and chairs but keep in mind that the ease of set-up changes at that point, as well.
Make sure that the material the beach tent is made of is UPF or offers UV protection. Most do, nowadays. You’ll want material that is fast drying, easy to store and clean. Also, make sure that there is ample ventilation.
Ease of Set-up
As stated in our opening paragraph, the last thing that you want to do is to tussle with a beach tent in hte hot sand, wind or rain. Add some kids into the mix and you have a recipe for disastrous aggravation.
This isn’t a big deal on our list of criteria but it may be on some people’s. Don’t get us wrong, we don’t to have the ugliest beach tent on the coast but we still think the other criteria is more important.
This goes with style…but this could become a pretty big deal to young ones if they spend a lot of time in the tent and want a cool, jazzy color.